Monday, October 18, 2010

when to call it quits.

I've fallen in love yet again for a person that with all respect reminds of an honest asshole of years past.  There's something to be said about when a regular person becomes famous merely for being themselves and those who strive to be more in this world, constantly find that they will never be anything more than a hopeless dreamer. I've often considered myself to be one of the famous lucky assholes. This often happens when people like me are bored and find pleasure in the sick lives of others and write about them for money.

So, who is the lucky bastard you say? None only then Jason Mulgrew a fellow (and mind you, absolutely more successful blogger) who has a blog entitled "Everything is wrong with me."  The blog is genius! 

I never said once in aforementioned paragraph about him being in love with me, so like previous relationships, this one is once again "one sided."  I've had the pleasure of reading his book which is also entitled "Everything is wrong with me." 

Reading one of his older posts today and I couldn't help but laugh out loud. 

Somewhere, probably in a bachelor apartment in Silver Lake or Hollywood, a 30-something with an MFA in Writing for Screen & Television from USC is grilling his last bologna sandwich on the hot plate in his kitchenette, putting food in his cat’s bowl one last time, burning all of his spec scripts, and preparing to hang himself in the bathroom. 

The truth of the situation is that there are people in this world just like the young man that Jason is speaking of.  Not too far off from myself or as far as I can admit. 

I think I fell in love with him based on his "about me," section on his blog which of course is too long and hilarious to post, but some of it reads:
For over 70 years, Jason Mulgrew has been entertaining audiences in the United States, Europe, and Latin America (except in Guatemala, where Jason can no longer appear, because of an on-going investigation stemming from a bizarre sex-slay in which he was allegedly involved in 1989). His keen and clever observations about what it’s like to be a Greek-American transgender Jew in Depression-Era New York City have kept people rolling in the aisles since 1930, when early in his youth he learned he could use his abnormally large scrotum -

What's not to love.  Seriously?  Or should I just call it quits?

No comments: