Friday, February 11, 2011

RJD2


Well blog lovers, welcome to the insomnia that is my life. I have had now, a total of 2 1/2 hours of sleep within the past 24 hours. Luckily I can say, it has been worth it.

Last night I went to the Canal Club here in RVA to see the famous DJ RJD2. The show was phenomenal and the company was beautiful. Not only was RJD2 absolutely adorable, was such a great performer! I was so pumped when he finally hit the stage, casually attired in a t-shirt and jeans. Everyone loved him! My friends and I danced throughout the night. Amongst the audience members, I noticed a slew of wannabe DJ hopefuls and couldn't help but reminded of past fond memories.

Though it had to have been many moons ago, I can still remember the adrenaline rush of attending various DJ gigs with Gabriel and his best friend DJ Derico. I was reminded of the many great times and fascination I once felt participating in the set up, dancing and break down of the D.C. night clubs. I distinctly remember not enjoying the hustle and bustle, as much as a I do now. Regretfully, I wish I had appreciated the fine art DJ-ing more in my youth.

And now, here I am at twenty-seven trying to recuperate from the late night shuffle, constantly reminding myself that I am indeed, not sixteen. I've attached a song called "A Beautiful Mine," by RJD2 (which is also the edited theme song to Mad Men) enjoy party people y gracias.

No comments: