Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I need a dollar.



If you don't do anything today make sure you at least check this video out by Aloe Blacc who I've been told is referred to as the "Indie R. Kelley." It is, to quote one of my favorite friend's Green T. "Insane!"

I've never really listened to the lyrics but after listening to them recently, I've noticed that I have a new found respect for those who ask for a dollar on the street. Some of the lyrics go like this:

I had a job but the boss man let me go
He said
I'm sorry but I won't be needing your help no more
I said
Please mister boss man I need this job more than you know
But he gave me my last paycheck and he sent me on out the door

Well I need a dollar dollar, a dollar is what I need hey hey
And if I share with you my story would you share your dollar with me
come on share your dollar with me
go ahead share your dollar with me



Aside from the lyrics the song is beautiful. I love Aloe Blacc's voice and the emotion that he conveys to the listening audience. This song is also the theme song for a great show on HBO called How to Make it in America. So check out both if you have the time lovelies.

Gracias!

No comments: