Saturday, April 2, 2011

Black and Yellow.

Monument Avenue 10K. Mile marker 4. Though you can't tell by the black and white photo, the runners were asked if they could wear black and yellow in support of the Final Four basketball game tonight starring our very own VCU RAMS!
As promised, I made my way to Mile marker 4 and witnessed the many lovelies running pridefully through the RVA street of Monument Avenue for the Monument Ave. 10K! 

Did you know that there is and proper way to cheer runners on during a race? I did.

Here are some examples of what NOT to say to the runners in passing:
1. Almost finished.
2. Just a little bit longer.
etc...

Here are some examples of what to say throughout the race:
1. You're doing great!
2. Keep up the good work.
etc...

I became accustomed to chanting those words of encouragement much in my youth and early adulthood because of the many races my mom made. Though I didn't get the pleasure of running into my friends who ran, I enjoyed cheering on those whom I didn't know.

Gracias! 

Here's what I've been listening to:


No comments: