Saturday, April 24, 2010

a letter.


Dear Pandas,
What will you be when you grow up? I'm twenty-six and I still feel like I don't know the answer. But I find that my aspirations haven't changed much throughout the years. I still want to be Eddie Murphy, I want to be a baker, I want to be an actress, a comedian and a painter. These were simple enough to aspire to be when I was younger. Realistically, I feel like I've accomplished very little of what I have planned, but does that make me any less happy with myself? No, not really. Do I have the job I love? No. But I love what I do. I get paid to help people. How many can say that? I admire my family for doing what makes them feel good. Growing up I was never told that I couldn't have exactly what I wanted, and to never think less of myself, if I didn't get what I needed. Will I be a real comedian, no probably not but I'm a funny person. Will I ever get paid to bake bread for a living, no but I love baking cupcakes for the people I love. And as far as being an actress or painter, these are easy accomplishments but not necessarily realistic occupations.

I will always ask the question, "What will I be when I grow up?" But now I'll know that the aspirations will change depending on where I am in my life. The only thing that I want to be when I grow up is a happy person. And so far I'm happy that I am unhappy. Because at least, I know that I'm alive.

Life is what you make it.

Love,
Jenessa.

No comments: